In-clu-sion (in-kloo-zhun): n –an attitude and approach that seeks to ensure that every person, regardless of ability or background, can meaningfully participate in all aspects of life.
- welcoming everyone
- building community
- emphasizing cooperation
- seeing to understand and accommodate differences
- proving a safe and socially comfortable environment for all
- teaching respect, understanding and dignity to people of all abilities
- embracing changes that facilitate full participation
- actively reaching out to people who are traditionally excluded
- fostering a sense of belonging as a respected and valued peer
- honoring the intrinsic value of each person's life.
- It is an attitude, not an activity.
- Inclusion is an approach, not a program.
- Inclusion is BELONGING!
For information on Inclusion Training and Autism Awareness Workshops, please contact: